02 November 2011

The difference of a year

One year ago today my stomach broke and within a month I was diagnosed with gastroparesis. When I think about all I've accomplished this year despite being so ill I know I can do anything. While I would never have asked for this to happen to me and I wish that things were different. I really have done a lot in a year. So if you'll indulge me (it is my blog after all) a short list of things I've accomplished since diagnosis. Some things are clearly bigger then others but really when I think of who and where I was a year ago. I never ever would have imagined myself here.

  • Graduated with my masters
  • Worked a full time job, a part time internship and grad school at the same time
  • watched 5 of my friends get married (including 2 out of state)
  • Traveled back to my favorite place on earth for reunion
  • Had my Gallbladder removed
  • Moved cross country on a whim, a wing and a prayer
  • Turned 26
  • Lost 30 pounds
  • was selected for an interview for my dream job (regardless of the fact they've not made a decision yet more than 3 months later)
  • gotten a fish pedicure
  • completely revamped my diet to cut added fat, dairy, red meat, soda, caffeine, alcohol etc
  • Passed my Masters exam
  • Became a licensed LGSW in the state of Maryland
  • Visited 2 places I've never been before
Hopefully I be able to add employed and apartmented here soon. But really looking over the last year I am so grateful for a year of life even if its a different life then I imagined. 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Your year has been ridiculously busy and amazing, and the fact that you did it all while also relatively ridiculously ill speaks volumes to your strength and tenacity. Hope you're loving the Pacific Northwest!

    ReplyDelete